What is Local Government LIFE App?
McArthur has been developing a mobile app for measuring staff engagement/satisfaction throughout the year (monthly), rather than just on an annual or bi-annual basis. We have decided to launch a Local Government Pilot of our Version 1 product.
How does it work?
- Council staff download the free App
- They initially provide basic non-identifiable demographic information i.e. Years of service, gender, age range, department, job classification etc.
- Each month they answer 7 questions using a five point rating scale via the App – we estimate this will take staff 2-3 minutes.
- The questions are based on the research around staff engagement i.e. Recognition; progression; feeling supported etc.
- The process is completely confidential and reporting is aggregated.
- In real time, a report is generated each month for Council (e.g. the GM/Director and People & Culture) providing an index for each domain/question regarding how staff are feeling.
- Reporting will provide a chart tracking progress each month and can be sliced and diced by the demographic information. E.g. if the index shows up a problem in a domain (e.g. Recognition for staff in their first two years of service), Council can focus their efforts on that area to try and work out what is happening and how it can be rectified.
So what will it cost? Well the set-up fee has been waived for those Councils participating in the 12 month pilot. Licence fee for pilot participants it is $150 per month per Council for first 12 months. There are no other fees.
Why a pilot? We also think this will add real value to the Local Government sector generating some interesting data in real time and being a pilot, we hope to learn from and further develop it over time.
How can my Council be involved in the pilot? Please contact Rebecca Hunt Manager Human Resources Consulting – Email: Rebecca.email@example.com Tel: 08 8100 7000.