EXPLORE PROJECT LEADERSHIP AND LEARN HOW TO MANAGE SOME OF THE CHALLENGES FACED WHEN MANAGING BIG PROJECTS IN A LOCAL GOVERNMENT CONTEXT
Program overviewProject management is something we do every day in local government and it’s an area we should be leaders in.
Beyond providing you with essential knowledge and skills to plan, manage and execute projects on time and on budget, this program takes a deeper dive into project management theory and looks at both operational and strategic elements of project management.
Best suited to those who have some project management experience behind them, and those that have completed the Introduction to Project Management program.
- Internal/external customer experience officers, Team Leaders, Managers
During this program, you will cover the following:
- Preparing a project management plan.
- Critical path scheduling including: Tools and tips on how to approach planning (WBS), Guidelines to estimation of tasks & duration.
- Controlling changes
- Develop and manage change controls in a project environment.
- Integrating and managing - Opportunity and risk management.
- Finance and cost control.
- Identify, analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget, and use this budget as the principal mechanism to control project cost.
- Reporting and communicating in a project environment to the Project Governance model.
- Project leadership and managing challenging projects and stakeholders.
- Hints and tips on monitoring and controlling projects, and managing meetings.